package submission policy question

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Thu Jun 2 03:52:20 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 01:39 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 05:59 -0400, Chris Ricker wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 May 2005, Michael A. Peters wrote:
>
> > > 2) the title of the software, sword, could invoke negative reactions
> > > from some people
> >
> > so could "suck", which is shipped ;-)
> Well, how does a package named "sword" sound to you if it originates from a site
> describing itself as "aimed at furthering the Kingdom of our God"?

scary?

Maybe that's just me.

I think maybe we should start wondering if shipping content makes sense.

I made the joke about porn but, well, if I had a package of
license-compatible porn and a special viewer for it I think people would
raise a fit about including it.

maybe it would be best for fedora extras to stay out of the content
business, just provide the ways to access the content.

-sv