x86_64 status (was Re: Errors on x86_64 (broken c++ headers?))

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Thu Jun 2 18:42:36 UTC 2005

Michael Schwendt wrote:

>On Tue, 17 May 2005 12:20:24 -0500, Quentin Spencer wrote:
>

>>On May 12, seth vidal wrote:

>>>no it means we have to fix the buildroot creation so for x86_64 there
>>>are no i386/i686/etc packages allowed.
>>>
>>>I'm working on making that easier now. bear with me.
>>>

>>Any update on this yet?
>>

>I believe the trick to avoid this error is to not specify redundant
>Buildrequires "libstdc++-devel gcc-c++". The "cone" package managed
>to build with those BR removed. "octave" build request has been
>submitted, too.

Yes, I noticed you made the change. Thanks for catching that. The
BuildRequires had been that way in core for a long time and it never
occured to me that it was causing the problem. Are there docs anywhere
that say what exactly is guaranteed to be in a build environment and
therefore don't need to be explicitly listed in the spec file?
(Apparently the c++ stuff in the past had to be required explicitly, but
now it does not?)

-Quentin