x86_64 status (was Re: Errors on x86_64 (broken c++ headers?))

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jun 3 12:50:26 UTC 2005

Michael Schwendt wrote :

> For Fedora Extras (at fedora.us and nowadays), gcc-c++ and libstdc++-devel
> have been in the minimal build environment always.

But for vanilla mach, they haven't, that's why YMMV when they're not
specified. And specifying them shouldn't hurt... but I guess we hit the
"feature" where yum installs all available compatible arches when
explicitly told to install a given package, triggering some multilib bugs.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) - Linux kernel 2.6.11-1.27_FC3
Load : 0.19 0.22 0.25