x86_64 status (was Re: Errors on x86_64 (broken c++ headers?))

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Fri Jun 3 13:19:16 UTC 2005

Matthias Saou wrote:

>seth vidal wrote :
>

>>I wonder how many times I'm going to have to say this:
>> Yes, I know that installing both packages is causing problems for some
>>packages to be built. Yes, this is, ultimately, resolved in mock for
>>simple reasons. No, I've not had enough time to get the rest of it
>>implemented and up and running.
>>

>I understand, seth :-)
>What I should have said a bit clearer is : I don't think removing those
>explicit build requirements is a really good idea, but above all, it
>shouldn't be considered the solution to this problem.

Consider it a temporary solution to get a package released so I can stop
answering questions on the octave mailing list about "where's octave in
FC4" etc. I understand everyone's busy. When this problem is fixed, I'll
reverse the changes. Please inform the list when a fix is installed on
the build system--octave will be a good test case.

-Quentin