Request for review: tetex-prosper (update to latest version)

José Pedro Oliveira jpo at di.uminho.pt
Fri Jun 3 20:26:25 UTC 2005

Hi Ed,

> Hi Jose,
>
> While you weren't actually helpful enough to provide any URLs [:-|],

I had already given the following CTAN link
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/prosper.html
in a previous post. See
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-June/msg00036.html.

And if Michael couldn't locate a CTAN mirror, I wouldn't mind pointing
him in the right direction.

> you're right that there appears to be a "newer" version of prosper
> available at:
>
>   http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/prosper/

This link (or a similar one to another CTAN mirror) can be followed
from the CTAN link I posted.

> So why do I put the "newer" in quotes?  Well, the official prosper web
> site (http://prosper.sourceforge.net/) makes absolutely no mention of
> the sources at CTAN.  It explicitly points folks towards the SF.net
> downloads which Michael used.
>
> Digging into the email lists on the prosper SF.net site and the prosper
> wiki:

See the following email (from the sourceforge mailing list):
   Title: Re: where is the latest release?