Package review requested: mock 0.2 and yum-utils 0.2

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Jun 5 10:03:11 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 09:43 +0200, Aurelien Bompard wrote:

(snip)

>  - the checks for '[ "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" == "/" ]' are useless.

I know this is the "Extras mantra" but why exactly are they useless?
Clearly it'll make no difference to the Extras buildsystem but if
someone just downloads the SRPM and then tries building it like this for
some reason:

# rpmbuild --rebuild --buildroot / some.src.rpm

(yes I know that would be a stupid things to do, but people do stupid
things)

then they're doing to make a bit of a mess of their system...

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>