Request for review: tetex-prosper

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sun Jun 5 13:46:08 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 19:56 +0100, José Pedro Oliveira wrote:

> This version has a critical problem as it creates unowned directories:
>
> Steps to reproduce the problem:
>
> 1) system without tetex-doc installed
> 2) install tetex-prosper
> 3)
>  3.1) rpm -qf /usr/share/texmf/doc
>       file /usr/share/texmf/doc is not owned by any package
>  3.2) rpm -qf /usr/share/texmf/doc/latex/
>       file /usr/share/texmf/doc/latex is not owned by any package
>
> Possible solutions
> ------------------

*snip*

> 3) in the %files section replace
>      %{texpkgdoc}
>     by
>      %{_texmf}/doc/
>
>     Now tetex-prosper will own the directories listed in 3.1) and 3.2).
>
> Note: I have been using the last one.

done

> Other minor (and pedantic) notes
> --------------------------------
>
> * don't use tabs in the specfile. Expand them to spaces

done

> * install -d is similar to mkdir -p
>   you can drop the first and the second install commands in the
>   %install section

missed that one - will do before the cvs upload

http://mpeters.us/fc_extras/tetex-prosper-1.5-0.4.src.rpm
http://mpeters.us/fc_extras/tetex-prosper.spec

the Version (1.5) I got from the NEWS section

I did go through the directory and found the new image file formats that
weren't in sourceforge version so the packaging is complete there.