package submission policy question

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Sun Jun 5 12:44:36 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 12:29 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> 1) the nature of the software could be seen as religious
> efforts/campaigns

By providing software doesn't mean we're being religious zealots

> 2) the title of the software, sword, could invoke negative reactions
> from some people

Lots of weirder titlted software out there

> Neither software package installs any biblical texts, those are to be
> installed by the user - typically in the users home directory, from a
> repository of modules that does respect the intellectual property rights
> of the copyright holders.

I hope that the users are pointed to the places to get it. FWIW,
packaging sword-kjv if you want is probably even okay - its things like
the NIV that are coyprighted

> These packages are not suitable for rpm.livna.org, extras is imho the
> place for them. If there is to be a policy that excludes these kind of

And Extras they should be at.
--
Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/