Review Needed: spamass-milter

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Tue Jun 7 08:32:12 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote:
>
>> http://people.redhat.com/wtogami/temp/spamass-milter-0.3.0-2.src.rpm
>> http://people.redhat.com/wtogami/temp/spamass-milter.spec
>>
>> I don't particularly care about this package because I dislike
>> sendmail and use postfix, but one of my friends wants to use it, so I
>> want to add it to Extras.  If someone actually cares about this
>> package and wants to be the Extras maintainer instead of me please say
>> so.  Otherwise I'll "maintain" it with minimal effort.
>>
>> The original packager had made no attempt to request an Extras CVS
>> account, but he is certainly welcome to maintain it here if he is
>> willing to follow project guidelines.
>

> I'll volunteer if nobody else particularly wants it. I'm not a current
> spamass-milter user but I intend to start using it soon, as my
> home-brewed spam filtering scheme using procmail is too much like hard
> work to maintain.

I'm glad that somebody wants to maintain this instead of me, but you
must be masochistic if you think sendmail is easier to customize than
procmail.  I'm tempted to post my spamassassin procmail recipe that I
hadn't changed in 3 years, but I rather have someone maintain this
package. =)

Could you please post your own replacement .src.rpm for easier download
and review?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com