Review Needed: spamass-milter

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Jun 7 08:47:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 22:32 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:
> Paul Howarth wrote:
> > I'll volunteer if nobody else particularly wants it. I'm not a current
> > spamass-milter user but I intend to start using it soon, as my
> > home-brewed spam filtering scheme using procmail is too much like hard
> > work to maintain.
>
> I'm glad that somebody wants to maintain this instead of me, but you
> must be masochistic if you think sendmail is easier to customize than
> procmail.  I'm tempted to post my spamassassin procmail recipe that I
> hadn't changed in 3 years, but I rather have someone maintain this
> package. =)

Well my current procmail recipe doesn't call up spamassassin at all -
it's full of hand-coded recipes for detecting spam.

http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/mail/spamfilter/spamcheckrc

So I've moving towards using spamassassin as a replacement for this. Being a long-time sendmail user, configuring it doesn't frighten me :-)

> Could you please post your own replacement .src.rpm for easier download
> and review?

SRPM & spec available at:
http://www.city-fan.org/~paul/extras/spamass-milter/

Paul.