Requesting review (II)/approval on Enlightenment DR17 package+ some EFLs

Didier Casse elprodigio at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 15:48:21 UTC 2005

On 6/3/05, Nils Philippsen <nphilipp at redhat.com> wrote:

> - "%configure --prefix=%{_prefix} --bindir=%{_bindir} --libdir=
> %{_libdir} --includedir=%{_includedir}" is redundant, "%configure" is
> sufficient (try "rpm --eval %configure" to see what I mean)

Dear Nils,
                Thanks for all the constructive comments. Everything's
fine but only 2 glitches remained: In the %configure option, I can
remove all the options bar  the --prefix one. i.e It must be

%configure --prefix=%{_prefix}

at least or else it will install in /usr/local instead of  /usr.

> - "%{__make} %{?mflags_install} DESTDIR=%{buildroot} install", the same
> as above, besides doesn't %makeinstall work?

Nope... At least not for all packages. And some packages have to be
compiled twice so that I can an rpm out with the %makeinstall option.

So

%{__make} %{?mflags_install} DESTDIR=%{buildroot} install

really remains the best option at least for the time being, unless
somebody wants to patch all the autofoo stuff, which is more
cumbersome.

--
Cheers,
Didier.

Yum/apt repository for DR17/EFL: http://sps.nus.edu.sg/~didierbe

Didier F.B Casse
PhD candidate, Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
National University of Singapore.