Blender 2.37, spec and srpms

luya at jpopmail.com luya at jpopmail.com
Wed Jun 8 18:58:36 UTC 2005

> Why are you building as root?
My mistake. I now rebuild without using root account.

> Hmm.. there's something wrong here.  Are you using the spec and patch
> checked out from FE cvs?  That ran through the buildsystem on i386 so
> it's not a problem building on i386 that should be conditionalized away.
>
> It looks like patch is not finding the correct files.  Diagnosing this
> would be elped by specifying where you think that file resides instead
> of skipping over it.  So on the "File to patch:" line try
> blender/source[...]KX_HashedPtr.cpp
> source/gameeng[...]KX_HashedPtr.cpp
> etc
> and see if you can figure out where patch is going wrong.

Yeah, both spec and patch are from FE cvs. I have tried lines above but it asked me
for another file to patch. Thanks to Michael A. Peters, I used a condition for i386:

%prep
%setup -q -n %{name}
%ifarch x86_64
%patch0 -p1 -b .x86_64
%endif

until I have an odd problem:

-----
$ rpmbuild -ba rpmbuild/SPECS/blender.spec
Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.26366
+ umask 022
+ cd /home/Luya/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ unset DISPLAY
+ cd /home/Luya/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ rm -rf blender
+ /usr/bin/gzip -dc /home/Luya/rpmbuild/SOURCES/blender-2.37.tar.gz
+ tar -xf -
+ STATUS=0
+ '[' 0 -ne 0 ']'
+ cd blender
++ /usr/bin/id -u
+ '[' 500 = 0 ']'
++ /usr/bin/id -u
+ '[' 500 = 0 ']'
+ /bin/chmod -Rf a+rX,u+w,g-w,o-w .
+ exit 0
Executing(%build): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.95915
+ umask 022
+ cd /home/Luya/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ cd blender
+ LANG=C
+ export LANG
+ unset DISPLAY
+ sed -i 's/use_openal =.*/use_openal = '\''true'\''/g;' SConstruct
sed: can't read SConstruct: No such file or directory

Strange problem because this line only declares SConstruct, it was not
present with previous spec.