Package review requested: mock 0.2 and yum-utils 0.2

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Wed Jun 8 22:03:57 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 09:43 +0200, Aurelien Bompard wrote:
> mock:
>  - please give a full Source URL
>  - the URL tag is missing
>  - is "BuildRequires: gcc" really needed ?
>  - the buildroot is not the usual one (not very important, but...)
>  - the checks for '[ "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" == "/" ]' are useless.
>  - the scriptlets should check for upgrade or fresh install

Here's a diff against the mock.spec in mock-0.2-1.src.rpm that fixes
these.  It also does not delete the mock group on exit which I believe
was discussed elsewhere.  And with the help of the attached
mock-0.2.cflags.patch uses RPM_OPT_FLAGS to compile mach-helper.

The only thing I'm not sure of is the URL.  I don't believe there's a
web page for mock as of yet so I stuck the sources directory in there.
Not all that helpful as it duplicates information deducible from the
Source0: line.  If the wiki UsingMach page was updated for UsingMock,
that might be a more appropriate place to point to (unless Seth already
has a web page started somewhere I didn't see.)

I successfully used mock as the build environment to build itself here
on x86_64.  Great work Seth!

-Toshio