Re: Review Needed: spamass-milter

Paul Howarth wrote:
On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 09:47 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 22:32 -1000, Warren Togami wrote:

Paul Howarth wrote:

I'll volunteer if nobody else particularly wants it. I'm not a current spamass-milter user but I intend to start using it soon, as my home-brewed spam filtering scheme using procmail is too much like hard work to maintain.

I'm glad that somebody wants to maintain this instead of me, but you must be masochistic if you think sendmail is easier to customize than procmail. I'm tempted to post my spamassassin procmail recipe that I hadn't changed in 3 years, but I rather have someone maintain this package. =)

Well my current procmail recipe doesn't call up spamassassin at all - it's full of hand-coded recipes for detecting spam.

http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/mail/spamfilter/spamcheckrc

So I've moving towards using spamassassin as a replacement for this. Being a long-time sendmail user, configuring it doesn't frighten me :-)

Could you please post your own replacement .src.rpm for easier download and review?

SRPM & spec available at: http://www.city-fan.org/~paul/extras/spamass-milter/

Anyone got any comments, or willing to approve this package?

I've been using it on my home mail server since I built it on Monday and
am quite happy with it so far.

Paul.

Looks good enough (it works for my friend's server), you may go ahead with the APPROVED message and build.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com