Request for review and approval: octave-forge

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Sun Jun 12 03:06:37 UTC 2005

Ed Hill wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 08:55 -0500, Quentin Spencer wrote:
>

>>Sending this again because I haven't received any response from my
>>previous requests . . .  The package is in CVS.
>>
>>octave-forge:  Contributed functions for octave
>>

>Hi Quentin,
>
>I built octave-forge on a devel system and found the following:
>
>  blocker:
>  - missing:  BuildRequires: cln-devel

I think the real problem here is that GiNaC-devel should have a
Requires: cln-devel. I've made the change in GiNaC, which should fix this.

>  not certain but perhaps needs some attention:
>  - in %build, you "export LC_ALL" and I think that its a good idea
>      to "unset LC_ALL" after the build

This an unneeded remnant of the octave spec file from which this was
originally derived. I've removed it completely.

>  - wrong-script-end-of-line-encoding for some files (pls see below)
>      which could be run through dos2unix or sed to clean-up

I have submitted these changes to upstream, so this will be fixed in the
next release, whenever that is. Since it doesn't affect usability of the
scripts by octave, I'm ignoring this for now.

>  - rpmlint reports "non-standard-dir-in-usr libexec" but the directory
>      appears to be both properly named and owned by the package so
>      its probably OK, right?

Yes, I think this is OK. I asked about this earlier:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2005-May/msg01024.html

>Otherwise, it looks OK.  Please fix the one blocker and I'll take
>another look and send a more thorough review.

Thanks for looking at this.

-Quentin