Re: New package: libesmtp

On 06/12/2005 12:29:57 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
[snip]
> srpm passes rpmlint test with no warnings. The libesmtp package is

> basically the same as used to be included in Fedora Core 3, apart
from:
> 1). changes to the spec file needed to get the package built under

> Fedora-devel and get rid of rpmlint error and warnings.
>
> 2). an extra patch for the build system: original configure script

> modifies CFLAGS which auto* tools frown upon. This patch has already

> been communicated to libesmtp author.

Hmmm... This is actually a pretty major departure from the FC4-devel
version of the spec.

As Michael Peters noticed earlier the FC4-devel version of the spec does not even build and I do have to depart at least somewhat. Furthermore, the spec file you have sent cannot be rpmlint-ed either: one gets the message "Error while reading libesmtp.spec".

 I have a tendency to fiddle too much with other
people's specs so it's probably safer if you take a look at the
FC4-devel spec (attached) and then post a revised version for review.

Whatever floats you boat...

http://balsa.gnome.org/libesmtp-1.0.3r1-3.src.rpm
http://balsa.gnome.org/libesmtp.spec

md5sum libesmtp-1.0.3r1-3.src.rpm libesmtp.spec
7ed69a9fa291488dda285d53ecec4974  libesmtp-1.0.3r1-3.src.rpm
2478fd6ad790de069417e51058997ef7  libesmtp.spec

The spec file is based on the one you enclosed + the needed build patch. I look forward to an approval.

Pawel Salek