sqlite2 redux

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Jun 12 18:30:13 UTC 2005

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 14:17:38 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 21:23 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > This is again a question of whether SQLite v3 is needed for FC-3 by anybody
> > and what the packagers of existing SQLite v2 dependencies say about this
> > plan. Rather than renaming the SQLite v2 packages and packaging SQLite v3
> > for FC-3 just for fun, I'd say let's focus on FC-4 (which includes SQLite
> > v3).
>
> The point of the exercise was *not* to bring SQLite 3 into FE3, but to
> help provide a clean upgrade path to FC4 for those using SQLite 2.

That's what the 2nd part of my first sentence refers to. All this would
have little value (because of soname dependencies). As I've taken a look
at the sqlite v2 dependencies in fc3 before, I don't really understand
what's so difficult about coordinating the renaming of the package with
those who depend on it.