Re: RPath question

Peter Lawler wrote:
Hi!
I'm trying to build rosegarden. One of it's dependencies is LADCCA. (For references, check the CCRMA pages).

The thing is, fluidsynth keeps complaining about rpath problems.

+ /usr/lib/rpm/check-rpaths /usr/lib/rpm/check-buildroot
ERROR: file '/usr/lib/libfluidsynth.so.1.1.0' contains a standard rpath '/usr/lib' in [/usr/lib]
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.83350 (%install)

That's all fine. So, I disable rpaths in the configure part of the .spec. It still doesn't work, However, I notice the following durnig the build (whether I disable it or not):

checking LADCCA_LIBS... -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/lib -lladcca -luuid -ljack -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread

So, I tried building LADCCA again, but with it having --disable-rpath in it's spec. Still no juice.

If someone can give me pointers, tips, etc., I'd be eternally grateful (not that I'm not usually... but...)

Regards,

Pete.

After several hours of wondering what the hell I'm meant to be doing, in the laddca-1.0-pc.in file I discovered and removed the -Wl, --rpath -Wl, and created a patch for the same. I also sprinkled --disable-rpath around on every .spec file I was also compiling. Needless to say, whether this was the correct approach or not, I managed to get some noises out of Rosegarden last night.

This still isn't 'clean', as I'm relying on a 3rd party's jack ('lo Ivazquez). However I've just picked up a later jack, and am about to try that out too.

Could someone advise as to whether just removing those linker options should be enough? I'm rather pleased I managed to get things to build, but am very dubious about considering them for review by -extras as I have no bloody idea what nasty side-effects might hit me :)

Regards,

Pete.