Request for review: annodex and friends

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Mon Jun 13 18:50:58 UTC 2005

Hi,

I just imported four src.rpm's for the annodex stack.  annodex
(http://www.annodex.net) is a very cool project that aims to bring
hyperlinked media to the web - think of it as "surfing video".

These packages build nicely with mach on FC4 for both fc3 and fc4
extras.  There is one "tweak" in the libannodex spec file which changes
a security context option on the library.  Without this, httpd refuses
to start up after installing mod_annodex.

The reason is that libannodex's text area is not relocatable (or
something, I'm just parroting here).  This might be fixable in the
library itself as well, which I'll check for.  But in the meantime, the
chcon in %post settles it.

The rpm names are liboggz, libannodex, libcmml, and mod_annodex.

Thanks
Thomas

resistance is low when I'm feeling bored
what I thought was fun isn't fun anymore