Request for review: annodex and friends

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Jun 13 19:16:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 20:50 +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> I just imported four src.rpm's for the annodex stack.

This is nowhere near a full review, just a few random comments/ IMO's on
skimming the commit messages.

First: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NewPackageProcess
In the future, please find a reviewer before committing, or at the very
least post about intentions to commit new stuff to the list.

> The rpm names are liboggz, libannodex, libcmml, and mod_annodex.

liboggz
- Better do autofoo in %prep than %build

liboggz-devel
- Unowned %{_includedir}/oggz/ directory
- Docs are usually in %{_docdir}/%{name}-%{version}, not unversioned

libcmml-devel
- Docs are usually in %{_docdir}/%{name}-%{version}, not unversioned

libannodex
- Unowned %{_libdir}/annodex directory
- Better do autofoo in %prep than %build
- chcon in %post is ugly and fragile, needs proper fix
  (perhaps compiling as PIC if not already?  or if everything else
   fails, request a selinux policy update in bugzilla.redhat.com)

libannodex-devel
- Unowned %{_includedir}/annodex/ directory

mod_annodex
- FC mod_python and mod_perl use httpd-mmn for install time httpd
  versioned dependency