Request to assume maintainership of greek fonts rpms

Sarantis Paskalis sarantis at cnl.di.uoa.gr
Tue Jun 14 11:33:50 UTC 2005

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick feedback.

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 04:12:07AM -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 13:23 +0300, Sarantis Paskalis wrote:
>
> > For the mgopen-fonts package:
>
> I like this font very much.
> I purchased Palatino Linotype a few years back because it had nice greek
> characters and no linux font I had did (though bitstream vera isn't
> *too* bad now)
>
> recommendation - version the Source0 tarball and comment that upstream
> is not version.
> IE -

OK.

> Source1 - where is that from? There's not a url there. It also probably
> should be versioned too.

It it the whole website for the fonts.  Since there is no other
documentation available, I packed the source site into a tar file and
included it as documentation.  In an email exchange with the people
responsible for the release, I asked whether I could use parts or the
whole page for the package, and they responded positively.  They stated
that there is no other documentation available.

The LICENCE file is an excerpt from the html page, containing the licence
for these fonts.

Before I produce the new version, could someone clarify what I should do
in this case?  Not including any documentation seems wrong, since we
have permission to use text from the website.

-- Sarantis