Request for Review: gambas

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Tue Jun 14 13:55:42 UTC 2005

tcallawa at redhat.com said:
> Plus, you can't really beat a giant blue shrimp.

Right :)

Here is what I found:

- tarball matches upstream
- rpmlint prints a few messages, but nothing significant
- I can build and run it (on an i386 FC3 machine...)

A few nitpicks:
- there is a strange character in the description:
  like Visual Basic¢(but it is NOT a clone !)..
- do we still want to use XFree86-devel in the BuildRequires ?
  Any reason not to use xorg-x11-devel instead ?
- you have:
 %dir %{_libdir}/gambas
 %{_libdir}/gambas/*.so.*
 %{_libdir}/gambas/lib.gb*.component
 # Normally, this file should be in the -devel package
 # However, gambas can't run without the .so. :P
 %{_libdir}/gambas/*.so

Why not simply:
# Normally, the .so should be in the -devel package
# However, gambas can't run without them. :P
%{_libdir}/gambas

I don't know that I'm qualified to approve the package, but once the above is
dealt with I think the package is fine.

As a side note, I've seen a few warnings during the build, like:
CXMLDocument.c:150: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
CCurl.c:173: warning: assignment makes integer from pointer without a cast
etc.

I'm not sure what will happen on 64 bit arches...

Cheers,
					Christian