Slow build system

Quentin Spencer qspencer at ieee.org
Tue Jun 14 14:18:12 UTC 2005

I seem to recall someone saying a while back that the build system was
also used for hosting one of the mirrors or something, making it slow
around the time of a release. I had a build that should have finished
without trouble fail yesterday due to a timeout (and it was already
complete on 2 of 3 archs). If the system is going to be hammered like
this for a few days (or more) with the new release, would it be possible
to increase the timeout so that scarce CPU cycles don't go to waste like
this?

-Quentin