Realtime Kernel patch

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jun 15 16:20:32 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 19:59 +1000, Peter Lawler wrote:

> I notice CCRMA have a realtime/low-latency kernel. As they rightly
> state, jack's fairly useless without realtime/low-latency
> http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/installtwosix.html#SECTION000201000000000000000
>
> Just wondering what other people think of this, and whether extras might
> carry Ingo's rtp'd kernel? My 'desire' to enable Extras to carry real
> decent A/V software would depend on this. Thoughts?

I don't want to have a "one-off" kernel in Fedora Extras unless there is
no other way. I would strongly prefer petitioning DaveJ to get this code
in the FC5 kernel (and maybe an FC4 update).

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!