Re: Apt not working on new Fedora core 4

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005, Jens Andersson wrote:

Hi it looks like the apt mirrors for fedora core 4 is not made yet.

In the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mirror-select.list

has anyone gotten apt to work on the new fedora core 4?

Apt as such will work just fine on fc4-i386, BUT since there are no "official" apt repositories anymore the mirror-select thingy only gets in the way and should've been removed - my bad.

Turn of the "first time druid" mirror-selector by adding this to
/etc/apt.conf:
Apt::State::FirstRun "false"

..and then add repositories to sources.list manually, at least freshrpms and Dag and Atrpms still provide apt repositories AFAIK. While we could point the mirror-selector to those technically speaking, I don't think we legally can.

	- Panu -