New Package: yumex

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Jun 17 12:03:39 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 13:01 +0200, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> I'm the author of Yum Extender (aka yumex) a GUI to Yum for fedora Core 4, It is
> written i Python and build on top of Yum 2.3.x. Many People have asked med to
> submit it to fedora extras. So here i go.
>  I do not have access to Fedora extras CVS, so if this package is to be
> included, I will need a sponsor for CVS access.

The spec file needs a lot of cleanup

%{_datadir}/locale/*

is wrong.
use the %find_lang macro - ie (after make install)

%find_land %{name}

then in files -

%files -f %{name}.lang

The %post script is not necessary - have the rpm install it as

%config(noreplace) %_sysconfdir/yumex.conf

Packager and Vendor tags need to go.
Desktop file should be installed with desktop-file-install - see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/FedoraDesktopEntryGuidelines