Re: Request for Review: libevent

Hi.

Nils Philippsen <nphilipp redhat com> wrote:

> Is %dist defined always (forgive me if this is explained elsewhere,
> googling %dist didn't yield suitable results)?

As long as we are talking Extras, yes.

> > %build
> > %configure \
> >     --disable-dependency-tracking
>
> Really? Call me paranoid, but I'd rather leave that out.

I am not a configure guru, the help mentioned that it speeds up
one-time builds (which rpm does).

> > make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
>
> %makeinstall worked fine for me

I have no particular love for one or the other. I'll change it.

> I don't know about that one -- has there been any consensus about
> whether to include .la files?

I think there is something along the lines of "unless you have a
very good reason, do not pack it".

--
Each year it takes less time to cross the country and more time to get
to work.  -- Mary Waldrip