New package: jakarta-commons-cli

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Jun 17 20:29:37 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 22:13 +0200, Ziga Mahkovec wrote:

> In case you hadn't noticed: jakarta-commons-cli (from jpackage) was
> added to rawhide today:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-June/msg01043.html

Wrong list I know - but how committed is Fedora to keeping jpackage.org
compat?

Are jpackage packages going to be removed from the jpackage repository
when they are included in core?

I could see this happening:

user installs core.
user want nifty java stuff, adds jpackage
jpackage updates package in core
user has the core package updated from jpackage
user experiences bug - reports to fedora bugzilla because as far as they
know, it's a fedora package.

Sure, that would get discovered - but it would mean high maintenance for
user of jpackage repo file because they would start needing to use
excludes if they didn't want jpackage stuff replacing core stuff.

I lurk the jpackage list - and see a lot of fedora people there, is
there coordination on this so there isn't a duplication?