Request for review: NetworkManager-vpnc

David Zeuthen davidz at redhat.com
Sat Jun 18 02:47:03 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 17:54 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> * Need to Prereq: /usr/bin/update-desktop-database if it's going to be
> called unconditionally in %post
> * Is there a real reason to ship the .la and .a files?  I'd nuke them.
> * Should use %find_lang %{name} in %install and then include the locale
> files via %files -f %{name}.lang

Thanks for the review. I've fixed this and also added a dependency on
the right shared-mime-info version such that the .pcf files gets
associated with a VPN properties editor via the .desktop file. I've also
fixed the wrong date in the %changelog. Here's the changes:

        * Fri Jun 17 2005 David Zeuthen <davidz at redhat.com> 0.1-2.cvs20050617
        - Add Prereq: /usr/bin/update-desktop-database
        - Nuke .la and .a files
        - Use find_lang macro to handle locale files properly
        - Add Requires for suitable version of shared-mime-info since our desktop
          file depends on the application/x-cisco-vpn-settings MIME-type

The new SRPM is here

 http://people.redhat.com/davidz/nm-vpnc2/NetworkManager-vpnc-0.1-2.cvs20050617.src.rpm

Oh, I forgot to mention that this packages is intended for Fedora Extras
Development only, not FE3 or FE4 (maybe FE4, that depends on what kind
of NetworkManager changes Dan Williams backports to FC4)

    David