Re: Request for review: NetworkManager-vpnc

David Zeuthen wrote:

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 17:50 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 12:18 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:

This package contains software for integrating the vpnc VPN software
with NetworkManager and the GNOME desktop. There's a screencast of an
old version of this available here

Please make sure it's integrated properly with the network scripts so
that 'ifup vpn0' (or whatever its name is) will also work.

Can't do. It's integrated with NetworkManager, not the (legacy) network
scripts, which is the whole point.

Why do we bother shipping s-c-n if the config files it's saving are considered 'legacy'?
Or are you saying those files will become legacy in a future version?

What files does networkmanager use? How can I configure and start/ stop a connection using networkmanager on the command line? The website at (http://people.redhat.com/dcbw/NetworkManager) doesn't have any user documentation whatsoever.

Mike