Sponsor and review request: opendap, librx --> *and* NCO review request

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sun Jun 19 17:10:19 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-18 at 23:22 -0500, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:

> There are definitely bugs in their code, there are bugs in all code.

My code is 100% free of bugs.  And I can *prove* it because it compiles
cleanly with the "-Wall" option.  ;-)

> These bugs seem a little bigger than most, but they're not
> insurmountable. Please document everything you can find in email to me,
> and I'll start spraying RAID on them.

Since you're willing to put that much effort into it, I'll do everything
I can to help!  Please consider my previous email the first iteration
and I'll make a more complete and easier-to-read list of bugs available
soon-ish (by next weekend).

> I'd say so. If you're willing to help me point out the bugs in opendap
> (and maybe squash a few along the way), then I see no reason why we
> can't go ahead and get NCO into Extras now.

Cool!

Heres the latest version:

  http://mitgcm.org/eh3/fedora_misc/nco.spec
  http://mitgcm.org/eh3/fedora_misc/nco-3.0.1-1.src.rpm

which is everything from the previous submissions plus an update to the
latest stable version (3.0.1) plus a comment about the eventual use of
opendap-devel.  I tested it on both FC3 and FC4 so it appears to be
ready for a (hopefully final?) review.

thanks,
Ed

--