New Package: fish

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Jun 20 16:21:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 16:58 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:

> The idea is to add a symlink /usr/local/bin/fish -> /usr/bin/fish after
> an RPM package for fish with version < 1.6 gets uninstalled, but only if
> the string /usr/local/bin/fish is found in /etc/passwd.

But nothing would remove the /usr/local/bin/fish symlink when the new
fish package gets erased.  You'd need to %ghost it in the specfile.

Or you could try if "Conflicts: fish < 1.6" would result in the need of
manually erasing the earlier fish package before installing the new one
(untested, and probably not).

Anyway, I don't see a clean solution to this, and I'd personally just
declare upgrading from the earlier version as unsupported.