New Package: fish

Axel Liljencrantz liljencrantz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 17:17:59 UTC 2005

On 6/20/05, Oliver Falk <oliver at linux-kernel.at> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2005-06-20 at 16:58 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
[...]
> > Anyway, I don't see a clean solution to this, and I'd
> > personally just declare upgrading from the earlier version as
> > unsupported.
>
> Copy that. Also because I'm not a great friend of rpm triggers!

It seems to be the general opinion that the easier upgrade path for a
very small number of people is less important than keeping the code
simple, readable and maintainable. I agree, though I would have
perhaps preferred to wait a few more months with removing the
discussed code.

A new version, with the offending code removed, can be found here:

http://roo.no-ip.org/fish/fedora/fish-1.11.1-3.src.rpm

If there are additional problems, please let me know.

> Best,
>  Oliver
>
> --

Axel