Re: relocatable packages ?

sv> If they are not already then relocatable packages should be
sv> discouraged/condemned in fedora extras.

Is there any reason why they might be needed?  The only times I've
ever tried to use relocations was when the packager did something
boneheaded like try to put things under /home (autofs point for me) or
/usr/local (rsync'ed from central server for me).  And in those cases
I found it simpler to rebuild from source or to create my own RPM that
unpacks the original binary RPM and puts the files in the right place.

 - J<