Self-Introduction: Douglas E. Warner

Douglas E. Warner silfreed-fel at silfreed.net
Tue Jun 21 15:37:26 UTC 2005

Douglas E. Warner
  Shippensburg, PA, USA
  Network Engineer
  CTI Networks, Inc (http://www.ctinetworks.com)

Your goals in the Fedora Project
  * Which packages do you want to see published?
ipmitool       http://ipmitool.sourceforge.net/
jabberd (2.0)  http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/2/
jabberd14      http://jabberd.jabberstudio.org/1.4/
mt-daapd       http://mt-daapd.sourceforge.net/
netmrg         http://www.netmrg.net/
pmacct         http://www.ba.cnr.it/~paolo/pmacct/
syslog-ng      http://www.balabit.com/products/syslog_ng/
libol (for syslog-ng)
wpa_supplicant http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/

  * Do you want to do QA?
Yes, I would like to help others make RPMs, and thus, help the community grow.

  * Anything else special?
I've been packaging RPMs for a little over a year now and have enjoyed it
immensely.  I've been packaging the above projects and others since FC1,
starting with the project I'm a developer on, NetMRG.  I would really like to
get this packages out to a broader audience and help the community to grow.

Historical qualifications
  * What other projects have you worked on in the past?
NetMRG (http://www.netmrg.net/)

  * What computer languages and other skills do you know?
C, C++, Perl, PHP, MySQL
I manage a farm of up to 50 Linux servers at my work where we do just about
all development in-house for new services.

  * Why should we trust you?
Take a look at my packages and see if they're up-to-snuff.  I hope to gain
trust as I become more active in the community (as I haven't been a very
vocal participant in the past).

$ gpg --fingerprint ED00D312
pub   1024D/ED00D312 2000-06-21
      Key fingerprint = 81BC 7E24 9FC6 5507 58B5  F2D3 255D FAB2 ED00 D312
sub   2048g/584F2E74 2000-06-21

* Note:
I'm sorry if I've done this in the wrong order; I started my account
registration procedure (https://admin.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/) before
sending the Self-Introduction.  I was trying to follow the instructions on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NewPackageProcess but it didn't mention the
Self-Intro.

-Doug