Re: rpms/yumex/devel yumex.spec, NONE, 1.1 .cvsignore, 1.1, 1.2 sources, 1.1, 1.2

seth vidal wrote:
The guidelines don't say "preferred Core application". They say
"packages that are considered essential for end users". I hope that at some
point a decent yum GUI fits that bill. Yumex might not be at that point yet,
but hopefully it will be at some point.

So I got a chance to play with the new yumex this weekend.

good things:
 - it's not screen scraping anymore (yay!)
 - it makes browsing the repos quite easy
 - it makes repo addition/editing pretty easy

bad things:
 - the 'add a repo' interface is a little klunky

I now it have to work on this one :-)
I have been contacted by Paul Nasrat and we will work together to get some common code
in yumex and pup, the first thing we will work on is a common interface to add and configure repositories.

Tim