Downgrading to FC4

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Wed Jun 22 18:04:41 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 19:50 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 19:26 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> >
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'm currently running rawhide and I noticed the landing of gtk2-2.7.0
> >>and other rather unstable stuff in rawhide, so this seems like a good
> >>moment to downgrade to FC-4 + updates, to switch back to rawhide when it
> >>starts to stabilise again.
> >>
> >>Are there any handy ways (yum?) to downgrade to FC4 from rawhide?
> >

> > Nope. But there are convoluted, ugly ways if you want to give one a try.
> >
> Such as?

1) Use yum to strip your system down to the minimal install, use rpm to
install the FC4-equivalent packages, then use yum to add the FC4
packages you removed.

2) Use rpm to get the names of all installed packages, compare that to
the names on the FC4 tree, then use rpm to replace them appropriately.

No guarantee that either method will work though.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/