relocatable packages ?

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Wed Jun 22 20:46:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 15:30 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> And if we want to make this discussion on-topic by talking about
> whether it would be possible to put together a set of nosrc.rpms for
> popular commercial packages somewhere under the Fedora umbrella then
> I'd be happy to join in.

I remember seeing something like that on the yum list a few months ago,
though not Fedora specific I think they were suppose to work with Core
2. A group of uni sysadmins had several nosrc.rpm for lots of packages
like Mathematica and matlab that they used for installation on their
uni.

If I remember - they were hosted at duke, but I might be wrong.