New package: msmtp

Taylor Stearns taylor at haleph.com
Wed Jun 22 21:48:10 UTC 2005

Howdy,

I've had some msmtp <http://msmtp.sourceforge.net> packages sitting around
for a while that Lee-Win Tai cleaned up and suggested submitting to
Extras.  So here it is:

* msmtp (GPL):
http://www.haleph.com/download/msmtp-1.4.1-2.src.rpm

In the default mode, msmtp transmits a mail to an SMTP server (for example
at a free mail provider) which does the delivery.  To use this program
with your mail user agent (MUA), create a configuration file with your
mail account(s) and tell your MUA to call msmtp instead of
/usr/sbin/sendmail.

msmtp is a very useful little tool for people who just need an SMTP client
without a big server like sendmail or postfix, so I think having it in
Extras easily available would be helpful.

I didn't know exactly how to categorize its Group, so I put it in
Applications/Internet -- feel free to change that.  Also, I don't have
CVS access, so I'd like someone to sponsor this.

Thanks,
Taylor Stearns
taylor at haleph.com