Re: Error processing Fedora accounts e-mail

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 15:26, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas Mailhot laPoste net> wrote:
> > > Agreement". Your message could not be processed.
> > > Reason The signature's username [Nicolas Mailhot (Perso)
> > > <Nicolas Mailhot laposte net>] did not match the e-mail address
> > > on file [nicolas mailhot laposte net]
> >
> > Err, seems the CLA checker needs to learn canonizing addresses
> > properly :(
>
> The local part of a mail address is case sensitive. Most mailservers
> do not enforce this, but in theory the two addresses are different.

Hi Ralf,

Quick question: Since common practice is case insensitivity in the local
part of the address, I'd always assumed that was the norm.  I just
quickly looked through RFCs 2822 (Internet Message Format) and 821
(SMTP) and didn't see where either discussed the issue.  Could you
point me to where it's specified?

Thanks,
David