Error processing Fedora accounts e-mail

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Wed Jun 22 23:22:32 UTC 2005

Hi.

David Kewley <kewley at gps.caltech.edu> wrote:

> Quick question: Since common practice is case insensitivity in the
> local part of the address, I'd always assumed that was the norm.  I
> just quickly looked through RFCs 2822 (Internet Message Format) and 821
> (SMTP) and didn't see where either discussed the issue.  Could you
> point me to where it's specified?

I have not found a special notion of this, but it is also not
specified that the local part is to be treated as case insensitive, and
thus "Foo" and "foo" are different.

--
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept those things I cannot change, the
courage to change what I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those