Error processing Fedora accounts e-mail

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Wed Jun 22 23:26:38 UTC 2005

Hi.

Ralf Ertzinger <fedora at camperquake.de> wrote:

> I have not found a special notion of this, but it is also not
> specified that the local part is to be treated as case insensitive, and
> thus "Foo" and "foo" are different.

Ah, found it.

RfC 2821, part 2.4, second paragraph:

   Verbs and argument values (e.g., "TO:" or "to:" in the RCPT command
   and extension name keywords) are not case sensitive, with the sole
   exception in this specification of a mailbox local-part (SMTP
   Extensions may explicitly specify case-sensitive elements).  That is,
   a command verb, an argument value other than a mailbox local-part,
   and free form text MAY be encoded in upper case, lower case, or any
   mixture of upper and lower case with no impact on its meaning.  This
   is NOT true of a mailbox local-part.  The local-part of a mailbox
   MUST BE treated as case sensitive.

--
"Shall I tell you what I want? What I really really want?"