Doesn't a new version replace the previous one?

Christian Jodar tian at c-sait.net
Thu Jun 23 15:29:57 UTC 2005

> I've
> got the program and we run it from time to time - but I think there's
> some dispute over whether it should be run everytime or not.

IMHO, best way to do that would be to have a cron job for this that would
scan packages and remove then if one of these conditions are present:

* Version number <= current - number
* (Version number > current - number) && (package is too old)

What has to be defined is when a package is too old (the delay to keep
it) and also the number of version to kept in the repository.

(number = 2) should be enough I think. We will have only current version
and previous one.

For the delay, I don't know how much it should be.

I am not sure everything was really clear there ;)

Christian Jodar.