Request to assume maintainership of greek fonts rpms

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Fri Jun 24 19:54:33 UTC 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:33:50 +0300, Sarantis Paskalis wrote:

> > Source1 - where is that from? There's not a url there. It also probably
> > should be versioned too.
>
> It it the whole website for the fonts.  Since there is no other
> documentation available, I packed the source site into a tar file and
> included it as documentation.  In an email exchange with the people
> responsible for the release, I asked whether I could use parts or the
> whole page for the package, and they responded positively.  They stated
> that there is no other documentation available.
>
> The LICENCE file is an excerpt from the html page, containing the licence
> for these fonts.
>
> Before I produce the new version, could someone clarify what I should do
> in this case?  Not including any documentation seems wrong, since we
> have permission to use text from the website.

Mirroring the single web page is the right thing to do.

It is particularly useful, because of the FAQ which explains the licencing
restrictions a bit more. IANAL, but I think the licence is "free" enough.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4