New package: mod_suphp

Dimitri Tarassenko mitka at mitka.us
Sun Jun 26 13:44:18 UTC 2005

Andreas Thienemann wrote:

>>How about chmod o+rw on the existing session files in %post, chown
>>apache.apache on them in %postun?
>
> That is _very_ messy.
> And wouldn't work anyways.
> The problem with the session files is that they do belong to apache and
> after installation of the suphp wrapper they would belong to e.g. user1.
>
> How is the rpm supposed to know which user to chmod the files to?

It does not have to. chmod does not assign file ownership, chown does that.

> And having them world readable is a very bad idea.

They are apache-readable to begin with, which is pretty much the same
thing. Besides, they'll be world readable only until they expire.

Anyways, we are probably dedicating an unproportionally big amount of
our attention to this small quirk ;))

Dimitri