Approval needed again: Scim-tables

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Sun Jun 26 16:38:39 UTC 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:26:13 +0900, Ryo Dairiki wrote:

> Hi Jens,
>     I've adopted Colin's idea simply because I have no objection about that.
> But today I've found this in the document from sourceforge.net.
>
>     *May I use my download manager when downloading files from
>     SourceForge.net?
>     *
>     SourceForge.net makes use of a geographically-distributed set of
>     download servers for providing files for download. When performing a
>     file download, users are now presented with a HTML page, allowing
>     them to select the mirror they wish to use in downloading that file.
>     Most download managers are not able to handle this arrangement, and
>     will instead download the HTML of the mirror selection page. It will
>     be necessary to disable your download manager before attempting to
>     download files from SourceForge.net.
>
> It seems like direct download is a heavy task for SorceForge.net.
> So I would have better put "prdownload" back again.
> What do you think, everyone?

Again, as explained before, the dl.sf.net URLs point to mirrors in
round-robin fashion (see e.g. "host dl.sf.net") and don't download
from the master site.

Further, only very (!) few users download source code from locations
specified in spec files.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 5 (Development) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1400_FC5