hfd5 license

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jun 27 15:48:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 16:44 -0600, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> I'm looking to package the NCSA HDF5 library and am wondering what to
> put in the License line.  I've attached the license.  It looks pretty
> open, but it isn't using a standard license.  There is an NCSA license
> listed on the OSI page, but it's not exactly the same as this.

I've had HDF5 in my todo list for sometime, the primary hold-out is
this:

HDF5 without support for szip seems to be crippling it. Szip's license
is such that it cannot be included in Fedora.

So, to those people interested in hdf5: is it still useful without szip
compression support?

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!