New Package: konversation

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Tue Jun 28 11:15:49 UTC 2005

Once upon a time Monday 27 June 2005 5:07 pm, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 10:00:49 -0500 (CDT), Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > http://www.ausil.us/packages/konversation-0.18-1.fc4.src.rpm
>
> Unowned directory:
>
>   /usr/share/apps/konversation/

ok
> The following one seems to be unowned in kdebase:
>
>   /usr/share/config.kcfg/
>
> Who files a bug about that?
>
> > > 1.  Move make -f admin/Makefile.common to %prep section
> > > 2.  Because of the 'make -f admin/Makefile.common' you need:
> > > BuildRequires: autoconf >= 2.53
> > > BuildRequires: automake17
>
> I would get rid of all this and these build requirements and patch out
> the GCC4-blacklisting directly in "configure".
i was trying to work out which was best way to do this  so i looked at kdelibs
spec  and than patched it in  automake.in  but configure works just as well

> See attachment.
>
> In /usr/share/applications/kde/konversation.desktop
>
> > Categories=Qt;KDE;Network;X-SuSE-IRCClient;
>
> ? :)  To stay consistent with how we do it with other packages,
> please reinstall this with desktop-file-install --delete-original as
> file fedora-konversation.desktop with category X-Fedora added.
ok
> * In order to make the "Help" menu work, "Requires: kdebase" is
> necessary. KDE users will have that anyway, users of GNOME and
> other desktops/wms would see an ugly error dialog without it.
ok
> * SSL support is not built in. Intentional?
should be there.  i have th option to connect via ssl  but havent used it yet.
i couldnt find any reference to ssl in configure  so i asked on the
konversation irc channel and it pulls in ssl support from kdelibs.  so im
going to test it more before i post a new build

--
Dennis Gilmore  RHCE
<dennis AT ausil DOT us> http://www.ausil.us