Request for review: openvpn

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Tue Jun 28 12:55:28 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 06:57 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 20:27 -0500, Steven Pritchard wrote:
>
> > Aren't init scripts usually marked %config?
>
> Not usually. Instead, the initscript reads in variables for anything
> that's configurable from /etc/sysconfig/packagename and that file is
> marked %config(noreplace)

Right.  In the past, rpmlint used to complain about _all_ files in /etc
that were not marked %config, so there are quite a few packages in the
repository marking them as such just to appease the tool, eg. init
scripts.  I think rpmlint has gained some sanity since, and behaves
pretty expectedly nowadays for the common cases wrt. this.