New Package: rbldnsd

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Tue Jun 28 14:04:08 UTC 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:53:19 +0100. Paul Howarth waffled thusly:

> Michael Fleming wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:06:49 +0100. Paul Howarth waffled thusly:
> >

> >>rbldnsd is a small and fast DNS daemon which is especially made to
> >>serve DNSBL zones. This daemon was inspired by Dan J. Bernstein's
> >>rbldns program found in the djbdns package.

<much snippage>

> I did intend to change that user name to rbldnsd but the default
> hardcoded into the binary is to use "rbldns", so I eventually decided to
> stick with the upstream decision there. I don't think it'd cause any
> real harm anyway even if both packages were installed.

Fair call, as I mentioned diehard djbdns users who want to use this package
should be able to deal with it. :-D (if they can't - how would they have
gotten it running in the first place? ;-P)

> Updated package (0.995-3) now available at
> http://www.city-fan.org/~paul/extras/rbldnsd/
>
> Thanks for the review; any more comments?

Looks fine.

I've noticed that while the license is GPL (per the debian/
copyright blurb and License tag in the spec) the commonly found COPYING file
containing the GPLv2 text is missing in the tarball (and thus %doc.)

Not a problem (I'm not personally zealous about these things, but there are
some whose opinions differ) but it might be worth mentioning to Michael at
some stage for completeness.

Approved - I'll send the notice to f-e-commits.

> Paul.

Michael.

--
Michael Fleming <mfleming at enlartenment.com>
"Bother" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"